11 January 2009

Time pass by so fast again... soon it will be the end of the attachment and then graduation from school!

It can really be a love-hate affair when it comes to such things. Why? Simply, you love to leave school as soon as possible to try on new things or even do things that you never really got the chance to do due to school work and examinations. However, at the same time, you hate to leave behind the place that you have been going for a couple of years to study. It would be like a 'second' home to you somehow.

Tomorrow will be the big day for those who have taken their GCE 'O' level examinations last year. I wanna wish all students the best of luck and pray that you will attain the results that you aim to achieve.

I could still remember the day before my results is coming out. I was out late, trying to forget about the nervousness and the fear of disappointment the next day. Knowing that the time for collection will be at 2:30pm onwards, as the time gets closer, the heart thumps harder and harder.

I could really feel butterflies in my stomach. After a long talk by the principal... honestly it felt like eternity during that period, the results were finally announced. I was really overjoyed for attaining my dream results... I knew I have proven my worth in my family as well as to myself. At the same time, I felt sad as I know that this will be the last moment where all the students will congregate in the same hall for the last time.

Now looking back, I do savour each moment I spent in that hall with all of my classmates and friends. To share the joy and sorrow together as one school of Siglapians. Tomorrow, I believe it will be the same ritual for all students in Singapore.

Good luck!

Back to scouting, as the new generation of kids is coming up to take on new roles and responsibilities, the previous generation of kids will be moving on with their new journey to partake. It can be a stage where reality hits hard and you will be questioning yourself, about wanting to stay on or move on from here. I do have that feeling to when I entered Venturing, Rovering and Leadering.

Even now, I do not fully comprehend the fundamental and my life direction in the future. What I am expecting is to live happily, to work happily and to scout happily. Sox once told me that if you are searching to find yourself and define yourself, welcome to scouting if you are a scout. Why so? It is because through the fundamentals of scouting and the activities, it is where you grow and you find out about yourself even more till you finally discover your potential and your future.

If you have already discover yourself, it doesn't mean that you graduated from scouting. However, it means that you are at a level to share your experience and to guide those who are lost.

Once a scout, always a scout. I believe many had heard about this before. As long as you have been invested as a scout, through the investiture... you will find that your daily life revolves around the scouting fundamentals as well as the skills that you have learnt along the way.

Do not fear, but embrace it and use it to your advantage and be successful in life.

Well, fear is something that eats your faith away. However, it is also something that test your faith. :)

Countdown begins: 34 Days till the end of attachment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home