29 January 2009

Lately, things have been slowing down and the excitement of working is slowly dying as each day passes by... It isn't because I dislike working, however I feel that the burn-out rate is really getting higher and higher. The excitement to try new things and adventures are kicking in bit by bit as the days of completion of the attachment draws closer.

I was reading the news lately about President Obama's economic package to start-up US's economy. I didn't really go into detail about the budget and stuff, but what caught my attention was the Republicans and Democrats in the US Parliament. OK, before I continue, all these are just my opinion... no evidence to back-up or anything so chill.

Well, if most people notice, the Parliament in US is made up of the congressman and the house of representatives. I mean it's democratic in nature, true... but whenever a President (e.g. a Republican one) decides to have a new law or bill in place... it will have to go through several stages before being approve.

The weird thing is this... if he is a Republican, the Democrats will most likely oppose to his plans and reject it. This is especially so when the Democrats have more representative as compared to the Republicans. So, the law or bill to so called "help" the country, gets pushed away. Similarly, if the President is a Democrat, the Republicans will do like-wise to prevent the law or bill to be pass. Why?

What I suspect is to prevent the re-election of the other party that has the controlling power now. True, that it will be a competition. However, will this competition between two powerhouses, affect the overall citizens of the country.

Most citizens follow one thing mostly... whoever that is in place of the government should and must be able to provide them a more secured living. Not a welfare state, but a country that they can live without worrying about war, crisis and such. Bottom line to most citizens are their bread and butter... if the government can provide, they will be voted. If they can't, they will get the boot. Simple?

Whatever the decision of the government maybe, I pray that the citizens will not be part of the political scheme just for power-grabbing. Citizens first! Isn't that what it is suppose to be?

Well next topic, I read The Woman's Week (Singapore) and there is a particular page on secrets to reveal... Well, the topic seems to be common these days, showing: "I cheated on my husband." Yeah, common as it is, however it still does send shivers down my spine.

Things happen sometimes in a relationship that both can't control at all. The influences in the World is so great that some just can't resist the temptation. I wondered how many times I killed the feeling in me to prevent doing stupid things... however I also wondered how many times my partner did so.

Trust is a very important element in a relationship. Both trusted each other to come together and be a couple. Surely, once the trust is broken... the amendment takes very big sacrifices. How big? I wouldn't know.

Fear of breaking up, fear of cheating, fear of falling in love with another person during a relationship... so much fear that couples face each time. So much so that if the trust isn't mutual... suspicions will take over and things will start to spiral down to a break-up.

Comparing then to an arranged marriage to a free choice relationship... there is definitely pros and cons to it. A couple can be so steady for so many years, and it just takes one guy or lady to appear as a third party... things changes.

For those who realise their mistakes, good for you. Regret is definitely something, however move on and prevent it from happening to destroy your happiness and your partner's happiness. For those who realise their mistakes and yet continue doing so without any consideration of your partner's feeling, may God bless your soul. Seriously, a human life is that limited and fragile.

People committing suicide due to such cases, I really don't know what to say. Maybe it will ease their pain, maybe it is just a foolish act to do... whatever it is, Shit happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home