13 January 2009

Have you ever felt like the end of one's journey is coming to an end? I don't mean in the situation of someone who is dying, but also in many other areas such as your path through schooling, through scouting or even a passion that you walked along for some time.

Does it led you into a state of confusion, not knowing where to go about next or what steps to take on the next path?

Jedi once told me that from the age of 17 onward till about 21 years old, is what he term as the 'lost' years. Why so?

His reasoning was that it is the period whereby one tries to find out more about his or her direction in life as well as to know himself or herself better. At a tender age of about 15 years old, I asked myself this question once, "Why am I place here on Earth?" and "What's my purpose in life?" It may seem like a suicidal question, however did you really wonder?

In a couple of weeks time, the poly attachment will be coming to an end... soon it will be graduation from school and waiting for enlistment. (Guys, you can't run away from this!!). What's next during the period of graduation till the enlistment date? I seriously do not know.

Similarly, when I graduated from my secondary school, I wondered where should I go next and what should I do in life? There isn't any fixed answer to me, so I just went wondering around, found a course to study in and make new friends (including a girlfriend, right suicide partner?).

Every time whenever we step out of our comfort zone and try to adapt to new environment and situation, we tend to get lost and confuse for a moment or two. However, as long as we decide to go forth with our heart and soul. I guess God has plan a path for us to take.

So no worries about where to go and what to do. Today's world isn't about studying and studying only. It's also about your passion and interest in life. You can study till the cow comes home and till you bring your textbook to your grave, however what matters most is YOU. Do you feel happy and fulfilling in life? Have you regretted not doing something that you would like to do?

I told Stefy yesterday, and Crayfish today... moving on from secondary school to either Junior college (JC), Polytechnic (Poly) or even Institute of Technical Education (ITE)... how do you survive in those new environment? You can't run away from theoretical modules in either vocation or school... However, in order to survive through and enjoy either paths, is your interest and passion in that particular subject that you have chosen.

I can't say that I am totally satisfied in the subject that I have chosen. 2 years have already passed and graduation is around the corner, I didn't feel happy all the time and passion wasn't really there. However, for me, the challenges and friendship forge throughout the 2 years, made me survive till present day. I love my friends (Ben, Ming, Ting, Mel, Juan, Bel, Shan) as well as the one suicide partner that I have found. (Still have not jump from the 8th floor of Block 52 yet!, haha we survive, didn't we?)

Life is a paradox or a game... whatever you decide to make it happen. Like the saying goes: "Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, Today is present... that's why it's call a gift" A gift from God that you get to live one day after another to make your life meaningful and exciting.

Cheers friends! Tomorrow will be a better day, depending on how you want it to be!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home