02 December 2008

Working needlessly... How many people can be more than willing to work first and think of the outcome later? To do things first, before exploring the results to expect?

Humans are influence in such a way that without positive results that will greatly benefit us, the way we work and react to situations are really half-hearted. The theory is, whereby the effort and focus that a human can put into work varies directly with the amount of beneficial results expected. Thus the more benefit foreseen, the greater effort and focus is being put into work.

Why? Seriously, I guess, parents or even peers taught us or even question us this: "Why work so hard, just do the bare minimum and pass enough lei!". True to a certain extent, I am like this during my Poly school studies. Just study and pass enough. But on the other hand, when the comes to working and scouting, no matter pass or fail, I will do my best.

Why? I don't know. Perhaps the passion, the drive to do something that you like would spur you on further to achieve and to work needlessly. A person who has talent but no drive, cannot experience the true happiness in doing the things he is doing, as compared to a person who is not so talented, but yet has the drive to do it. The major difference, passion and love for doing things.

Truly, as you grow from stages to stages as a scout, the different between a scout and a good scout is the passion that is raging in him. (Yum Yum! haha). You can really see from the eyes of a passionate scout, that has a undying fire burning strongly and each new skill is like wood, adding into the fire. Even in this stage, as a leader and rover, the passion to see the scouts growing and fighting to be a good scout, is just like wood burning my passion for scouting.

1 year ago, I nearly gave up scouting due to the constant hindrance and road-blocks in my scouting journey. I didn't know what I am there for and didn't know what to do. I kept asking myself, why am I here as compared to my other friends who are working hard to earn a keep and have a girlfriend to go out with?

Then, I saw this bunch of kiddies, who kept me reminded that scouting as a leader, isn't just about me, me and ME only. It's also about them, them and THEM too! Seeing scouts like Huda, Waiman, Bernard, Shane, Nick, Nowell, Wei Liang, Ryan, Ding Ru, Daniel, Zavier, Euodia, Mariam, Jessica, Javis, Dheenoh and many more grow each time I meet them... it's really amazing.

And also, seeing my leaders like Raging Bat, Wombat, Russian Bear, Talking Macaw, Humming Bee. Gibbon, Ralph and Father Ferret strive in life (scouting and person), just makes me wanna be in the brotherhood even more.

And my dearest rovers, Cottontail and Tooth Fairy... I'll stand by you, be it physically or morally. We are as One rover crew and when the SandS solidify, it can build things. And with our hands, we shall build and make things happen as well.

For White Stag
For SandS
For Tampines!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home