11 December 2008

Define Success...

What is success to you in personal terms? How do you know that you have attain that level? How can you work towards Success?

Siglap has this interesting slogan... Success is just a matter of attitude. I totally agree. Without the right attitude... the right mindset, the right drive, the right place, time and etc. How can you achieve Success or even begin to think about being successful?

I always have this blur vision of being successful through helping other people. Somehow when you decide to help a bunch of kids grow to be better citizens and humans in the society, it just brings joy to the heart. It doesn't have to be spoken all the time... just feel.

It was until Wolf talked to me about the definition of Success, in my terms, as to how many people's lives are being change due to YOUR existence. I have that thought of why am I still existing in this World, when at times, it feels so empty and harsh. I thought, might as well go up to the lap of Daddy God, the sooner the better. However, surviving for so many years... I've long decided to exist for others.

Does it benefit me? Yeah, sometimes, but at times, not at all. It really depends.

Why didn't I quit Scouting after my secondary school? It maybe just like any other CCA in Singapore? What made me stay on? The answer is YOU! You as in the kiddies, the boys (and now girls as well)... the brotherhood of the Nod (just kidding), the brotherhood of Scouting.

Turtle once told me that if I take Scouting out of my life now, there wouldn't be left of me in this World. I agreed with her view, everything I live, spoke about, act upon are Scouting. How much am I living Scouting each day? Almost 90%... 10% belongs to day-dreaming and sleeping.

So what's your take on the definition of Success?

Talk Big, Dream Big but take small steps... that's what Wolf spoke to the Rovers about. Why?

Coz' we dare to say out what we believe in
Coz' we dare to dream big dreams and even bigger dreams
And to achieve all these, we can't take a big leap... we got to take small steps to slowly but surely, reach to our destination. If we can't even take small steps, what makes you think you can jump such a big leap forward? I didn't say it's impossible, but how possible can it be?

We can't expect a baby to walk when it was just born. We can't expect a chick to fly when it was just born. We can't expect a Stag to run when it was just born. Only though those small steps, that we are taught to do greater things.

So are you talking big, are you dreaming big and are you taking those small steps to achieve it?

Weaknesses... One of my greatest weakness, that normally cause me lots of trouble is to THINK TOO MUCH. I tend to over-react to certain problems and would normally cause a big hoo-ha about it. It's not intentional, just precautionary...

Wolf mentioned, why not ask those whom you want to help first... "How do you want me to help you?" or "How may I help you?" Sounds like some salesperson in a departmental store, however, by understanding the needs of the person first, would greatly facilitate in your presence in helping them.

I've always wonder why Turtle told me that I got to listen more and advise less (along that line). Sometimes, people just do not need your advice but for you to have that listening ear. If they do need your advice, they will definitely tell you about it. I felt like a punching bag or a venting machine (not vending machine), at that point of time. However, after so long, and lots of reflection, I realise... it's indeed true.

Well... to my Marlinne... whatever the road lies ahead, it's difficult to say. I appreciate your care, your concern and most importantly your love. I know that you are having a hard time due to my dynamic schedule. I do apologise for that.

Like I said, 3 months ago, if you ask me... do you love Marlinne? I wouldn't be sure
Now, if you ask me again... do you love Marlinne? I would say, "YES".

You may not be the best in the World, but you're best to me.
You may not be the richest in the World, but you're rich to me.
You may not be the prettiest in the World, but you're cute to me... haha ok ok pretty to me.
You may not be the most understanding person in the World, but you're understood me.
And ultimately, you may not be the most loving in the World, but you love me.

Interesting songs (old but nice... yeah I know I'm OLD)
1. Delta Goodrem - Lost without You (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8jp-vn-HiM)
2. Brian Mcfadden & Delta Goodrem - Almost Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YkKbOmmGkY&feature=related)
3. Aerosmith - I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo_0UXRY_rY)
4.Goo Goo Dolls - Iris (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsK90GWBVLY)
5. A1 - One more try (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR02zMzaoO8)
6. A1 - Ready or Not (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk_9qlyaUd4)

Could you love a boy like me? ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home