24 May 2008

Busy busy busy... that's the kinda life I'm living each day. Filled with activities from morning till night, as well as overnight.

Well, just came back from Singapore Youth Festival (SYF) contingent training a while ago. It's my first experience at SYF at NCC House (Amoy Quee Camp). So I'm kinda like a virgin in those areas, especially in my role as the Dy Event Coordinator. Since, due to some administrative over lapse in HQ. The contingent participants weren't able to attend for the rehearsal today.

I was kinda sleepy through-out the training despite the hot weather that was taking away the life of those kids standing in the heat. Seeing them marching and coordinating to perfect their timing so as to give their best performance that will only last for a few minutes on the actual day, reminds me of myself during my hay days.

Struggling to stay alive in the heat and looking the best that I can be, so that some hot chicks/ sugar mummy may notice me and pick me up. Haha just kidding... I don't have that ability. Anyway it really shows how determine these kids are to carry on and on with the training despite the 'suffering' they were receiving. Maybe it's for the pride of the organization they are coming from. Truly, cream of the crop, in upholding their organization's reputation and ego.

However, I do have to say that I've experience my fair share of how a few members from a particular organization mocking other organization's members that were out there marching. Complaining that the marching was lousy and the timing and coordinating was poor and such. I do have that temptation to move out and tell the leaders off for making such comments, especially it's the boys and girls that were marching their energy off out there in the parade square. What are they to make such a comment? Are they that competent enough to run the event as they claim others are not doing it up to their standard? This shows the lack of maturity among them.

I do have to say that I admire this particular participant from the girl guide. She was a newbie in handling the flag bearer position and had a tough time learning to support the heavy weight of the pole, with the timing included. However, she was so determine to carry on learning with humility... within 1 hour of practicing with the other members, there was a significant improvement as compared to before. Even though, I do have to comment that she was kinda hack-care initially and during marching, but her determination to learn and improve was far greater than that. Go go go!!

Well, it's another busy week to come as preparation for common test and quizzes and competitions and lesson plans for training have yet to be done. Temper improving bit by bit... yeah, I guess it's just those days that my screws have gone loose for a moment and it's being fixed back again...

Anyway Wolf, was talking to me about people development. He said that the greatest ability is to develop people. I was thinking, if I had such an ability already, how come my scouts doesn't seem like they have developed much? Or maybe my standard and expectation of them is too high too.

Developing people into good and useful citizen... how do I go about it? Will I be able to take up that challenge? I do not know...

Well, off to Hillsongs Concert now... Be back to tell about it!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home