03 May 2008

Boo hoo hoo.. I'm still attached currently... lots of brain juice flowing out of my nose!! haha. I'm gonna flood my room soon.

It was tough day, ever since I woke up till now presently. I was practically dragging my feet to school, to work and back home. Not much smiles and laughter...

However, it was a day that memories do flow back. Bitter-sweet memories of my first working experience. I was chatting with Shirley and Kin at our usual spot. Then, at one point, Kin raised the point of working as being ourselves. Ain't that the most passionate part in working? To be able to work as of yourselves?

Well, I remembered my first day. I thought that I was done for it and never returned to that outlet or even step 10m radius from it. It was a very busy Monday night. There was practically a queue outside the outlet. I was panicking as I see the faces of the customers. And I do not know anyone at the workplace! However, I still push through and carried on working and believing that each day will be better. Sure it does, one way or another. Lots of opportunities to learn more things and understand about F&B services better.

I was thinking while working today. My Uncle told me to quit my F&B job as it serves no purpose to me in my course of study. However, I was thinking, isn't interacting with the customer upfront, the basic and best method to obtain first-hand information of the customer's needs and wants? Well, I hate to say this, however, as some grew richer and status kinda sh*t gets too much into the brain, the connection with the ground seems to be gone.

Well, enough of this. Let's see how tomorrow's work at the Bank is like...

Reading the Daily Devotional messages by Rick Warren, a famous pastor from Saddleback Church in US as well as the author for the book Purpose Driven Life, I came across the phrase that I thought might be useful for some of the readers.

"Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is going ahead and doing what you’re called to do in spite of your fear."

I totally agree with this statement. Reason being that even with Courage, there is still fear present due to uncertainty. It may be the uncertain outcome of your actions... uncertain responds from the other party or any other stuff that might spoilt the ideal situation you hope to have... Sh*t happens, that's all.

Loving each day, that's all it matters! Ain't no worries...

Okay, tomorrow's blog will be on... let me see, loving difficult people! Haha... or is there a specific subject that the kiddies or anyone else would like me to say about? Hehe...

NO LOVE DEDICATION ON MY BLOG OR TAG EH!! haha reminder reminder... who knows someone might just drop by to see?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home