06 September 2007

5 more days to go

5 more days to go, and whatever means I tried seems to be unheard and non-responsive... Is it going to be this way ...

Day 1 of my first job assignment at Natixis.

As usual, I tend to be a bit earlier for any of my first day event or school... I reached my workplace (Singapore Landmark Building) using a map (seriously, I was orienteering at Raffles Place) at around 8:30am. Kinda early, but the morning rush was there already before me.

I was brief by Mike about the duties for dispatch and administrative support and was later hand over to Zul and Roslan to start my job. Both of them assist me a lot by making me feel comfortable and making my job easier by pointing out tips and directions around.

First Job was to send documents to UOB and OCBC building, which is still at Raffles Place and got to go home to change to office attire. Call me mountain tortoise but seriously, I didn't expect a dispatch or office boy to wear office attire, so I wore black jeans and a polo t-shirt (yeah laugh all you want, I was totally clueless).

So when I came back to the office in office attire, which I felt uncomfortable with, as usual... I was send to Shenton Way to deliver more documents to Springleaf Tower and DBS Tower 2. I didn't manage to have my lunch as I was running late already, so I brought Milo bars and my fav. drink (ice mountain = mineral water, not soft drink!!). Yeap I know, unhealthy lunch, but what to do... I was late and have to report back to the office in 10 minutes time. This is excluding the time that I have to collect the mails at the Basement!!

After which, I stayed in the office while Roslan went for his lunch and became a receptionist. I was told to answer the phone and direct it to the other staff's extension numbers. The rest of the time... I was just thinking of something. I tried to distract myself by sorting out the mails a bit, until Roslan came back and he showed me how to do administrative stuff.

BTW, did I mention? Natixis is a french offshore bank, thus staff must learn to speak french in order to better communicate with the customers. In fact, there was a tutor coming into the office during a period of time to teach a group of them french. I was sitting at the receptionist counter, listening to them. It was entertaining to hear how working adults do have fun in the office learning too. Lots of laughter and supporting and encouragement towards each other. No political atmosphere at all!!

Finally, around 5p.m., I was sent to deliver mails to the post office and when I came back to the office, I walked around to check if there is any more administrative work to do before I let off work. It was fun learning new things and seeing how dealers and a financial institution works.

Lets just pray, tomorrow will be a better day for everyone at the office again.

Lets also pray, that things will turn out fine for us again. I am listening to my heart now, not my mind. Cause the mind will only cause the Ego to grow, while the heart causes Love to strengthen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home