08 September 2007

3 more days to go

3 more long and cold days to go... no response to anything at all. I just don't understand.

Today is just another scouting day for me. Woke up kinda late, so I was being bug by some juniors and the leaders by messages and phone calls, which I was expecting someone else to do it instead. But well not her..

The programme was a little simple, just drills and more drills. Kids, these days are way too pampered by their parents. I had a few reasons for such things, namely,

1) The parents must have been suffering from a lack of ECA (what they call it during those days) and active sports. Thus they hope their children will not suffer that much and complain and complain for the slightest reason.
2) The parents wanted their children to have a better life than theirs, thus they pamper them because they love their children too much, till they grow up to be ill-discipline and disrespectful towards others.
3) The parents are just ignorant to the fact that a CCA, actually helps to keep their children active and discovering their potential and most of the time, keeping them away from bad company.

Of coz, these reasons are my opinions of how I feel. But not all parents are like this, in fact, some parents would love their children to be actively involved in almost everything. Direct extreme opposite eh?

Well, I did a bit of scolding again, as they still have that farked up attitude in them. But kids being kids, I hope they learn something valuable each time I goes down to guide them. The responsibility of being a leader is weighing heavily on me. Maybe it is the pressure I am exerting on myself, or maybe it is just high expectation of myself to perform too. Whatever the reasons, I just pray that these kids grow up to be good and useful citizens that's all.

I felt almost instantly happy when I saw her name appear on my phone as she replied me after over 3 days. But I hope she is doing well. May she is doing far better than before... several times it just crosses my mind that if I didn't know her back then. How different would her life be and mine too. Maybe it was a wrong decision for her to know me... and for me to try to approach her back then. Or else she wouldn't be suffering so much right now.

I am just so tired due to the lack of sleep from many a nights, Bear was suggesting that my body clock was screwed up, so adjusting back to sleeping early and waking early is going to be difficult for me. True enough, ever since I entered High School life, it was sleeping super late and waking super early. Holidays are worse, whereby I will be sleeping super late, and waking super duper later than before. Bad lifestyle for me!! I just hope my body can hang on to this lifestyle for a while longer before it comes crashing down on me.

All I ever wanted was to help someone lead a better life... but it seems like I am screwing things up now and then. I pray that God will guide me through this time of need.

Psalm 46:1 God is my refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home